Job Profiling to ensure Successful Candidate Selection and Retention
“Recrion has taken the hard work out of screening and selecting the right staff for us. They do what they excel at leaving us to focus on our core business. Their in-depth understanding of Nildram and its ethos has been the most positive highlight of our relationship.”
Helen Hudson, Senior Customer Services Manager, Nildram / TalkTalk
As HR or hiring manager, it is your obligation to accurately assess the strengths and suitability of candidates before offering them the job.
But how can you really know they are the right candidate from an interview? How can you objectively and accurately measure a person's attitudes or values?
I am sure you will agree that success at work is the product of having the right knowledge, the right skills and the right attitude. You can teach someone the right knowledge and skills, but you can’t teach attitude. The successful strategy therefore is to hire for attitude and train for competence.
Fortunately, selection tools based on cognitive science such as the LAB Profile are now available to understand what truly motivates candidates so that you can ensure they fit the culture of the company and compliment the team they will be working in. As we know, getting the wrong person on board, is costly – in time, money and opportunity.
The Language and Behavioural Profile (LAB Profile) is a subtle psycho-linguistic tool that gives us unique insights into the below-conscious motivational patterns we humans have in various contexts and is based on the words people use.
The LAB Profile is a robust selection, recruitment and retention tool that is used to:
- profile the job and analyse the behaviours needed to carry out the tasks within your specific environment
- write job advertisements using the appropriate influencing language to attract the right people and turn off the ones who wouldn't suit the job
- ask screening and interview questions to understand how closely the candidate's motivations match the job profile and work environment
- adjust tasks and projects based on the candidate's motivational profile in order to get the best performance out of them once they are on board.
Here are some examples of what the LAB Profile patterns can tell you about a person:
- Do they initiate actions (Proactive) or rather wait, think and analyse (Reactive) whilst others take action?
- Do they like their work to stay the same and evolve (Sameness) or do they want constant change (Difference)?
- Do they enjoy fixing or creating processes and procedures (Options) or following processes step by step (Procedures)?Having an insight into the 14 motivation triggers a candidate has, enables you to recruit the right person first time, AND retain them by accommodating their needs.
Interested in the science behind the LAB Profile? Click here for more information.
Katherine Wiid, founder and director of Recrion, is a Recruitment and Behavioural specialist and LAB Profile Master Practitioner. With many years experience in optimising recruitment and selection processes, Katherine helps you to hire with confidence and retain top talent successfully.
For more information please contact Katherine Wiid on +44 (0)1780 484910 or email her at your convenience.