2009 workplace challenges are not just redundancy
What are the main challenges facing managers and HR in 2009?
The trends are wide ranging. Whilst restructuring seems to be getting all the media and government attention, the CIPD's Chief Economist John Philpott presents a broader view and highlights the following challenges facing HR practitioners in 2009:
- Absence management
- Employment relations
- Gen Up: How the four generations work
- Innovation in the Workplace: How are organisations responding to Generation Y employees and Web 2.0 technologies?
- Labour Market Outlook (quarterly)
- Leadership and the Management of Conflict at Work
- Learning and Development
- Recruitment, Retention and Turnover
- Reward Management
- Workplace Mediation: How employers do it
To read his findings in more detail you can download the CIPD's 2009 Barometer of HR trends
Recrion is a People Management Specialists and advises organisations on how to reduce the risks and costs attached to their redundancy, retention and recruitment strategies. Keeping our clients informed of current trends is an important part of what we do. Visit www.recrion.co.uk or contact 01780 484910 to speak to one of our advisers.
Filed under News by